Monday, July 5, 2010

Paco’s fresh salsa.

I made this salsa for the Fourth of July, so it’s perfect time to share it on the blog. :)

My college volleyball coach,Paco, would always make this salsa for our team when he had us over to his house for team dinners. I don’t really like peppers at all, but I love this salsa. It’s so fresh, and it tastes great on chips or even on chicken or burgers as a garnish.

SDC15012

Paco’s Salsa

1 yellow bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 orange bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1/2 onion
1 can of black beans
1 can of corn
Zesty Italian Dressing

SDC15000The recipe’s super simple, but the most time-consuming part is cutting everything up. So, first you finely dice all your peppers.

  SDC15001

If you don’t work with peppers much, it works well to core the top off {like the picture above}, then slice into slivers and then cut out the leftover white rind and seeds from the slivers. {Or at least, that’s how it works best for me!}

SDC15007

Then sit and marvel at the gorgeous colors in the peppers. Then realize it’ a bit weird to stare at diced peppers. Then peel your onion. Again, if you’re not a pro with the onion, I usually just chop off both ends, and then make one slice with my knife through the first layer of the onion from the top of the onion to the bottom. Then you can easily peel the top layer off {as shown below.} It’s a snap!

SDC15008 

Dice it up. I used half an onion, but you can use as much or little as ya want…but it does add a lot of flavor, so I’d recommend using some onion at least.

SDC15009

Then ya drain your beans and corn, and throw it all in a big bowl with your peppers and onion.  Drizzle on your Italian Dressing {I use fat free} until everything’s coated with the dressing. Start out conservative with the dressing because the juices of the peppers will come out as it sits in the fridge.

SDC15011 

If ya have time, let it sit for a few hours in the fridge to merge all the flavors.

SDC15013

Pair it with tortillas, tacos, grilled chicken, or chips & feast away!

signature3

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you wrote this almost a year ago... : ) I stumbled on it... as a "you might also like" on the bottom of your blog...
    I make this also, with a few roma tomatoes, diced & then instead of the dressing, just throw a package of dry ranch dressing over it & stir... delicous & always a hit at our gatherings....

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...