Friday, June 10, 2011

More blue paint.

I still have to share my second blue paint project hinted earlier this week. {The first was the $4 diy welcome mat.} I decided to make my open shelving look a bit more purposeful, and a bit less did-she-just-forget-to-hang-cabinet-doors-ish, so I thought maybe adding a blue background would be just the thing to do the trick. So it went from this, when I removed the doors…

IMG_0189

…to this, when I first painted our cabinets

IMG_0492 

…to this, with the colorful Fiesta Ware, and you can see the tile backsplash we plan to use {someday}…

IMG_0798   

To this, with the light blue background that coordinates with the curtains I made

IMG_2824 

I also added the blue to the open cabinets on the other side of the kitchen, taking it from this…

IMG_2804 

to this…

IMG_2825
{blurry pic b/c I was painting at night…sorry.}

And here’s the full view…

IMG_2853  

Honestly, I’m having a hard time telling if I really like the blue or not. I think the awful faux brick flooring & even more awful boomerang/bowling alley countertops makes it tricky to judge {to say the least}, but I’m thinking that once we get pretty new butcherblock countertops & the bright backsplash up, the blue will fit in well. I figure it’s super easy to paint over should I change my mind, so this was a risk I was comfortable taking. ;)

P.S. we just got our new stainless steel, under-cabinet range vent this week {super excited about this}, so that nasty, crusty, off-white range vent will be in my kitchen no more!

Have a happy weekend ya’ll!

signature4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...