Monday, December 12, 2011

Cranberry bread.

I’ve been craving cranberry orange bread for a while now. I bought extra cranberries when I stocked up for the Thanksgiving major hit side dish Sweet Potatoes with Pretzels and Cranberries. {I got SO many compliments on it again this year!} I had a little orange juice left, so I decided to improvise with a zucchini bread recipe I found in my Betty Crocker cookbook. The final product turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself!

image

Here’s the original recipe…

image

I {obviously} used the cranberry bread version, but I made some changes. I didn’t have orange peel, so I substituted the 1/2 cup milk for 1/2 cup orange juice instead. I also used fresh cranberries, and used applesauce in place of half the vegetable oil to make it a bit healthier. Other than those two changes, I followed the recipe’s instructions.

Ingredients {not including baking powder, which I forgot for this photo}:

image

All the dry ingredients first…

image

Luckily, I only forgot the baking powder for the photo, not the actual recipe!

image

Here’s my non-official way of doing half apple sauce and half oil to make 2/3 cup – just pour ‘em both in there at once!

image

And my substitution of orange juice instead of milk {with a little applesauce still left in the measuring cup}…

image

Mix the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients…

image

And I decided to try out a Bundt pan instead of two loaves pans. I thought it’d be a bit more festive. Luckily, it turned out really well! I used this helpful webpage with the pan conversions and did a little math to make sure it’d be an okay switch. I baked it the same as the recipe calls for, started with 60 minutes and tested the center with a toothpick. 

image

Yum…

image

And here it is sliced with the bright red cranberries taunting you…

image

I took some into my church group and my work and everyone loved it. It’s not super sweet, but it’s really good!

signature4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...