Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Nursery art.

I planned my entire nursery concept around two things: colors & art. I knew, no matter what gender the little one would be, I wanted an bright orange and deep blue color palate for the nursery. I’ve changed the general concept quite a bit {since I was thinking boy when I planned it}, but I love the added pops of color.

In addition to color, I also really wanted to incorporate art by Katie Daisy. This was my only “girl” clause for the nursery, and I’m pretty pumped that I get to apply it! Seriously, how can you look at this art and not feel happy inside?!

image image

I scored a sweet deal for white frames with white mats from Michael’s for 50% off…

IMG_0015

And this wall was my prime suspect…

IMG_0018

I used some magazine/ad paper to draw templates and figure out just where to place the pretties…

IMG_0023

Added an anchor to make ‘em stay…

IMG_0024

Two down up, two to go…

IMG_0028

And here’s the full picture {I’m on a roll with puns here, huh.}

IMG_0025

IMG_0030

This will be the little one’s point of view…

IMG_0032

And the close ups…

IMG_0034

IMG_0035

This is my FAVORITE. It has been my laptop screen saver at work for years. I love it. {You can buy Katie Daisy’s art in her etsy shop here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/thewheatfield}

Joy

IMG_0041

 

And one last photo {taken before I added the button/ribbon trim on the crib skirt}…

IMG_0039

It’s coming together! It’s really quite amazing how much better the room looks in person with just four frames hung. It’s like my “vision” finally feels right. I just need to add a few more pieces, and it will be complete.

I really love the space. She’ll probably never remember what this room looked like {I couldn’t tell you what my nursery décor was!}, but I still hope she enjoys the colors. At least her mommy will be happy in the space…even in the wee hours of the night. ;)

Once I finished hanging the art, I just sat on the wood floor and rested against the wall – taking it all in. I am so excited/hopeful/anxious for my little girl to arrive. So looking forward to that day. I feel like my heart literally aches thinking about getting to hold her someday. I love her {so much.}

signature4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people reading my blog. If you don't mind, please put your name so I know who you are. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...